Friday, July 23, 2010

"Taking care of business"

I really should start keeping a list of everything that needs to be done before I leave. There are so many silly things that I might accidently overlook.

For instance, today I put my gym membership on hold, which means I will only have to pay about 25% of the regular membership price for the time when I won't be utilizing the facilities. Other things that need to be done: tell credit card companies I will be abroad, so they won't freeze my account while I'm away, leaving me stranded with no money (like they did in Iceland, thank you very much BOA), give rent money to Peter, prepare documents for my visa, buy medical supplies like gloves, masks, et cetera et cetera, blah blah blah ... yawn!

Oops! This post is turning into a boring stream of consciousness/mental to-do list, so I'll switch gears and get back to more exciting topics ...

We had another Spanish lesson on Wednesday night, which involved role playing nurse/patient scenarios. Although complete details will not be divulged, Glenn created multiple situations, some involving a "sexy" nurse and a sexy "nurse." Haha oh Profesor Glenn, your "role-playing" definitely keeps things interesting -- (Note: these scenarios were diaglogue only)!!

I've also realized that my comprehension of Spanish far exceeds my ability to speak and build grammatically correct sentences. So, here's to keeping fingers crossed that I won't drown in Bolivia!

No comments:

Post a Comment