I decided that I should have a watch in Bolivia, so I bought a new one today! Since I work in settings where I am exposed to lots of germs, and I constantly have to wash my hands, I prefer to have two watches: one for clinicals and one for other occasions. However, my clinical watch recently stopped working, so I was on the hunt for a new one.Clinical watches can not be any old watch ... A clinical watch should be made of material that can be easily washed, should be waterproof, and cannot rust or provide a breeding ground for bugs and germs! And most importantly, a clinical watch must have a second hand!!
Taking all these must-have features into account, I decided to buy myself a classic Swatch Watch. In addition to meeting all the aforementioned criteria, Swatches also have adorable designs that are perfect for pediatric settings! The particular watch that I chose features a sun on the face and five cute turtles (or tortugas) on the band. This watch will hopefully serve as entertainment and/or distraction for children in clinic.
By the way, Peter and I named each turtle on the watch from top to bottom. Please say, "hello" to Pablo, Eduardo, Miguel, Javier, and Bob! (... and yes, this ridiculousness demonstrates why I am in pediatrics)!
No comments:
Post a Comment