Ah sorry for the delay in posting! This last week has been crazy, then complicated by my mild illness, so finding time to sit down at the internet cafe has been tricky. But, I am so glad that I have time today to add some posts. And, as you can see, I´ve inserted some select pictures relevant to some of the posts!
So, I finished out the week at Servicios de Adolescentes finding more babies in uteruses, running around with the doctor to and from different places, and listening to the woes of local teenagers (pregnancy, STD concerns, school stress) -- very similar to those in the U.S.
Needless to say, sexual education is severely lacking in the lives of young Bolivians, and thus, many young women become pregnant and/or contract STIs prematurely and unnecessarily!Although I don't know how much of an impact we will make in our broken Spanish, my fellow CHFIers and I will prepare a presentation on safe sexual practices and the signs, symptoms, and treatment for common STIs here in Bolivia ... this should be interesting!
No comments:
Post a Comment