Although exhausted from a packed day of traveling, altitude, sunshine, and beautiful vistas, we had one more challenging hill to climb before arriving at La Estancia, a beautiful, romantic ecolodge situated on the hills of La Isla del Sol over Lake Titicaca. So, we dragged our tired bodies up the imposing hill, stopping frequently along the way to catch our breaths, only to realize that every fatigued step was more than worth it.
So, I’ve decided to embark on a four week journey to La Paz, Bolivia. An opportunity presented itself and I took the bait! Through Child Family Health International, I will be spending a month living with a homestay family, attending Spanish language lessons, and learning about pediatric health at local hospitals and clinics.
Please join me on my Bolivian adventure … Welcome to Mallory Goes to Bolivia!
Sunday, August 15, 2010
La Estancia, Ecolodge
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
sounds heavenly, I am so jealous... although from your description, it sounds like i would have a very difficult time climbing those altitudes; so, i will have to be happy just looking at the slide show when you get back!!
ReplyDeleteAw your trip sounds so amazing! You deserve a great weekend like that after all the work you've been doing during the week. I can't wait to join you on Friday!!
ReplyDeleteYay Mallory! I also wanted to tell you that I went home and my Mom had planted giant towering sunflowers. They're scary.
ReplyDelete