Sunday, August 8, 2010

Gooooooooool!!!

So, I have met all the other CFHI participants: Marissa, Erica, Joanna, and Annie. Last night, we went out for dinner at a local restaurant (a very cheap local restaurant) and got to know each other a little bit. Luckily, Marissa has already been here for a month with CFHI, and Erica has been here for a week taking Spanish lessons, so they have a lot of valuable knowledge to share – especially when it comes to navigating the city.

Everyone is very nice and enthusiastic about being here in Bolivia, so it’s great to have them around! Also excitingly, everyone is game for taking weekend excursions to different areas of Bolivia. So we have already started to plan a trip to Lake Titicaca for this weekend! We still have to iron out the details, but I am so excited!

Today, we went to a local futbol game at Estadio Hernandez Siles! The La Paz team, “The Strongest” beat the rival team, “Real Mamore” 3-0! I enjoyed experiencing the local culture, but I can see why Bolivia did not have a team in the World Cup ...

Anyway, I don’t know if it’s the altitude, or just the adjustment to travelling, but I’m beat and I’m going to hit the sack now (even though it’s only 9:30pm). So adios for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment